Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The greatest 4th of July on the 3rd EVER!

Alright guys and girls, this is Angel Skye, the daughter of the original blogger, Will. So I have never really done this before! It's all new to me. My dad and Doc (father of lead singer of Aimless Gun Cody) had some weird epiphany that I should write the blog for Aimless Gun's performance at the 3rd of July Beach Bash, so please don't be harsh. Or I think I will have to put you through a window, HA! Just kidding! So I'm gonna make this as fun and real as possible...

I only have one word for you, AMAZING! This was my first time seeing Aimless Gun perform live. Sure I have listened to a few tracks when my dad was playing their EP, but I have never actually seen them perform. Missed opportunities I guess you could say, but now I am truly a HUGE fan!

'The Perfect Lake Music' is how I would describe the sound! What do I mean by that?  I mean simply this, the music they have is so relaxing and calming, not to hard, not to soft, but just perfect. It's the kind of music that makes you want to get on a boat, ride out onto the lake and just chill with family and friends for hours. I can honestly say that these guys were made for the big stage. They definitely seemed to have fun on a big stage with more 'leg room'  then what they normally would have in the small bars of downtown. The sound seemed to attract more people, and while the show carried on, the crowd began to make their way to the beach to see what band was creating such a great sound.

When you looked back at the crowd and you see people moving and swaying along with the songs, a beer in hand, on a hot, sunny Texas July 3rd afternoon, it couldn't have fit the music any better. I think EVERYONE there was dedicated to the music, just to stand in the humidity proves the band was worth way more than just listening to. Aimless Gun seemed to have a great time playing the music for everyone there.  I had a great time at the show and I personally loved the "Good Summer" time vibe that seemed to be emanating from the band.

Vallejo couldn't have picked a better band (thanks Omar and AJ). The show was great all the way around and I think that everyone in the audience would tell you that too. I am really looking forward to plenty more of their shows, and I can tell you that when I do, they will be better and better. Everyone look out, cause Aimless Gun is going to be doing great things, real soon! So whenever you can, check out one of their shows! I promise you won't regret it!

P.s. - Hola people, this is Spineless Willy, I was going to post the rest of the blog for the other bands that performed... but after reading this breathtaking review of the Aimless Gun performance at the Carlos n Charlie's 3rd of July Beach Bash, I couldn't bear to sully this amazing write up! (Shit, reading it almost made me cry, knowing that my daughter wrote this). I will let it stand on its own merits.

Check out the video from their performance on the beach of '51 Cards' on youtube  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRlaxwRy1O0

No comments:

Post a Comment