Monday, January 15, 2018

2017 Year in review

Another year, as I look back, which has surprised me. Although I may not have made as many posts as I would have liked to do, there were still a lot of shows I attended and new places discovered. So let me summarize and then give a little more insight.

Shows attended - 52
New Venues (places I stepped into the very first time for a show) - 20 
New local bands (bands I experienced for the first time) - 43 bands

Total number of bands seen - 105 (this does not include some of the locals I saw more than once).

Speaking of locals more than once Cody Bryan Band and the Michael Dillard Band take the honors for the bands I have spent the most time with. Click on their names to go to their respective pages. Check them out, go to a show, buy their music.

From 3Ten@ACL to Zilker Hillside Theater, there were definitely some fun, great new places I went to and experienced. In the heart of Austin's Entertainment District there was the Bat Bar, Hotel Vegas, and The Liberty. I really love the vibe and set of of The Liberty. Inside has the bar to the right of the main entrance. Keep to the left and there is the stage side, which has a really weird set up - you walk right in front of the stage (which is on a lower lever) and then up to the seating area. Outback is an amazing little seating area with a food trailer and some good grub!

Attending The Austin Hip Hop Awards was a highlight and an amazing way to start 2017. In addition I was lucky enough to go to CD release and listening parties for Super Smash Brothers (SSB), Vondoom, Big Don, Black Heart Saints, MC Overlord, XII, and Cody Bryan Band. Click on any of the names to go to their page to order some music.

Once again I attended shows for Rap, Texas Country, Rock, Metal, Blues, and a little Funk Shui Planet (one of my favorites from SXSW 2017 - in a parking lot completely Funking up the place. They were great, but they are from California so you will have to look them up.

Overall, it was another great year for the live music scene in Austin and a good year for Live Music in Austin. Thanks for peeking in on me.

2018 is shaping up to be a blast again as it is just the 18th of January and I am 3 shows in with a national touring show under my belt.

Laters




No comments:

Post a Comment